Updated: May 27
Rich and Creamy-sweet, but not too sweet, this easy-as-can-be pudding can be a treat for any time of the day! Breakfast, snacks, lunch or dinner deserts - you will know you're giving your friends and family a healthy sweet-treat with fiber and Omega 3 essential fats, too.
This recipe in the peanut version is our most popular at our local farmer's market. Most people ask if we sell it in a jar!
This is so delicious! Where can I buy it? –Carol W., Chappaqua, New York Farmer's Market
This recipe is an original from Molly Patrick and her Clean Food Dirty Girl brand. We have made it and served it so many times at parties and other gatherings and it never fails to please. There is NO OIL, NO SUGAR and NO SALT in this recipe! But best of all, it's one of the quickest and easiest recipes out there! This any-time treat can be made in about 5 minutes plus refrigeration time if you want it cold. Hard to beat that!
Chocolate Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter) Chia Seed Pudding
Section 1: List Your Ingredients
Makes 2 1/2 cups. A medium - sized (1 quart or so) round storage container with a lid is handy for making this recipe.
• 5 large dates, pits taken out and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
• 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk (415ml)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
• 2 tablespoons almond butter OR peanut butter (with the only ingredient being almonds OR peanuts)
• 3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
• 1/2 cup chia seeds (90g)
• Toasted coconut, fresh strawberry slices, and toasted chopped almonds for topping, if desired
1. Take the pits out of the dates and place the dates in a heat proof bowl. Pour boiling water over them and set them aside for 10 minutes.
2. Place the non-dairy milk in your blender, along with the cacao powder, almond butter, and maple syrup. Set aside for now.
3. When the dates are done soaking, discard the soaking water and add the dates to the blender. Blend until super creamy and smooth.
4. Transfer the blended mixture to your mixing bowl, followed by the chia seeds. Whisk well and let set for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, whisk again until there are no clumps of chia seeds and then transfer to a glass container with a lid and store in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
6. Top with toasted coconut, strawberry slices and toasted chopped almonds when serving.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!